There are a variety of giveaways being handed out at expos, conferences, and conventions. How can you prevent your stress balls and key chains from being thrown away? Listed below are a few techniques that will allow your brand to leave a footprint in a passerby‘s memory.
The main reason to have free giveaways is to draw in new leads. But, we all are a witness to “trick or treaters” who collect as many free items as they can on expo day. Think of your giveaway as an award. It should be treated as a gift for the individuals that took the time to stop by your booth. These people took an interest in learning more information about your company.
What kind of merchandise will be beneficial for my booth?Be sure you are narrowing your ideas down to your specific target market. A target market is a niche within your industry identified as a specific group of people who are likely to be good candidates to use your product or service. Are you trying to attract Adults? Teens? Kids? Is your company construction? Banking? Farming? Ask yourself what your target market needs. For example, if your company was a bank. A merchandise giveaway could be piggy banks with your company’s logo on the side. People will save that piggy bank for a while. Now, imagine a little child having that piggy bank. The child will likely show it off to grandma, grandpa, aunt, uncle, brother, sister, or whom ever. If little Sara is super happy with her piggy bank, one of her relatives might start banking there because the bank is related to happiness. When Sara is older she will have an attachment to her piggy bank, she has a higher chance of banking with the bank that gave her a piggy bank to save all her money. These moments can attract new lifelong clients.
What is merchandise that is attractive in 2018?
- Technology is a big hit in the world today. Many people who travel to a conference bring their phone everywhere. This is a perfect area for real estate. Put your logos on electronic accessories such as phone portable chargers, car adapters, phone wallets, pop sockets, computer mouse, phone charging chord, phone cases, phone screen protectors, computer security over the camera lends, or selfie sticks.
- Think of items people need but do not want to buy. Since the conference members traveled to the show think of items they may need on their trip. Some travel supplies ideas are tooth brush, tooth paste, floss, hand sanitizer, shampoo, conditioner, ear plugs, ear phones, facial mask, first aid kit, sunscreen, lip balm, lotion, hair spray, make up remover, mints, gum, wet wipes, hair bands, razor, eye drops, travel bag, and a make up bag. Just make sure the item has not negative connotations that could be associated with your brand.
- People form attachments to their clothing. Clothing is a free advertisement that can be displayed to people outside of the expo walls. Your booth can handout T-shirts, tank tops, hats, gloves, mittens, headbands, socks, flip flops, jewelry, sweatshirt, and sweatpants depending on your companies purpose.
- More items that get used daily are water bottles, can cozies, lunch boxes, Tupperware, silverware, plastic plates, disposable plates, napkins, tea bags, flavor water packets. These are all great items for giveaways, for the right brand.
- Some great advertising can be displayed on food items. This could be mints, granola bars, and food samples. Try to stay away from messy food like hot dogs, tacos, or spaghetti. Some conferences will charge you additional fees for clean up or charge for having food in general. Be sure to check the rules before you plan your food orders.
- Go with the trends. The boom in slogans or even a simple fidget spinner will create a buzz in conversations leading more people to checkout your booth.
How will attendees remember us?Besides having outstanding merchandise, it is important to have your booth have outstanding activities as well. Remembering your target market, expo theme, and your companies brand can help you narrow down which interactive activities to include in your booth. Create an unforgettable experience. When individuals see other people enjoying themselves in a booth, this makes the observer want to join in on the fun. Having a game that can award attendees prizes will allow you to have higher quality merchandise for them to win. This will ensure a recall of that memory every time they use the prize.
Watching your budget?Social media is free advertising. Having a catchy hash tag for attendees to tag your company will create exposure and reach people outside of the expo walls. People are inclined to believe in companies their friends believe in. This is great exposure and will result in new prospect exposure. Having a selfie area, playful props, and someone to take the photos can make it easier for attendees to post on their personal networks. You could set up an online contest incorporating the hash tags. Have the best photo win a Bluetooth speaker, flat screen TV, or a unique experience off the show floor (like a helicopter ride)! This is the easiest way to get your social media pages talked about and shared online.
Make sure you keep an eye on what your competition is doing. Be open minded in how they plan to promote their brand. Include activities and merchandise that your personal team would never forget. Visualize the idea on your competitor, would it work? These are some tips that will transform an average booth into an unforgettable booth!