When you commit significant funds to exhibit at your major industry trade show, it sure helps to know why you’re exhibiting there in the first place.
At Skyline, we exhibit for many reasons. Some are financial, some are more touchy-feely, yet they are equally valid.
Here are 7 reasons why you’ll see Skyline gracing the aisles of EXHIBITOR2011:
1. Profitably Generate Sales Leads: We expect to get about 350 leads. These leads will come from our two main market segments: island exhibitors, and inline/portable displays.
We will exhibit in two separate 20 x 20 island spaces to better reach these two audiences: Island exhibitors and portable inline display exhibitors:
In Booth 1323, island exhibitors can have longer sit-down meetings with us. The show is a great place to have extended quality time with the show attendee, their local Skyline Exhibiting Consultant, and a Designer from the Skyline International Design Center or our senior management team. (If you’d like to meet with us at EXHIBITOR2011, click here to ask Shari for a meeting time).
In Booth 1225, inline exhibit buyers can see for themselves some of the newest and most popular inline and portable display systems we’ve recently introduced. We’ll be regularly demonstrating a range of portable display systems. Stop by if you’d like to see them demoed or to get hands-on with our innovative products.
We know from previous years that these lead convert into retail sales of over $1.2 million within 12 to 18 months, which generate sufficient profit to pay for our participation. But profits are not the only goal. We also exhibit to:
2. Meet With Existing Clients: It’s a rare treat for our clients to be attendees rather than exhibitors. We like to meet during EXHIBITOR when they are more relaxed. We like to hear how well we are serving them, and how their needs have evolved, and what they want next. We also want to ensure they’re fully aware of the diversity of trade show products and services we’ve developed to meet their changing needs.
3. Introduce New Products: The top reason attendees go to trade shows is to see what is new. Skyline has a strong heritage of innovation, so we like to showcase our newest products at EXHIBITOR. Skyline has won The Buyer’s Choice Award for the best new product four times, including the last two years in a row (DesignView Presentation System in 2009 and Envoy Exhibit System in 2010). This year we are introducing the .
4. Market Research: Where better to understand what matters to our buyers than at our own industry trade show? At EXHIBITOR we get to talk face to face with hundreds of prospects and existing clients. They tell us what they like, what they don’t, and what they want next from us. They tell us what solutions they’ve seen at the show that caught their eye. It’s a concentrated burst of market research that often spawns or confirms valuable insights.
5. Meet With Skyline Dealers. Our dealers come to EXHIBITOR to also see what new products we have introduced and to reconnect face-to-face with Skyline people they know mostly as a voice on the phone. Our dealers also like to know they are aligned with a market leader, so they are happy when they see a storm of positive activity happening in our booth.
These first 5 objectives are probably fairly similar to the objectives you set for your own trade show program. Yet as an exhibit builder, we have two other goals somewhat unique to our company. These goals do not have hard numbers associated with them such as ROI, but they are valuable goals nonetheless:
6. Demonstrate Credibility: While “the cobbler’s children run barefoot” sounds quaint, it’s not so good for demonstrating expertise. Skyline builds credibility with prospects when they see our creative exhibits, staffed by friendly, helpful staffers, supported by intriguing promotions. Our booth visitors can see that we know how to put a whole exhibiting program together, which gives them greater confidence to work with us.
7. Experience What Our Clients Go Through: While we build new displays and manage the logistics for thousands of exhibitors a year, it’s still not the same experience as being our own client. We get valuable insights in marketing, design, customer service and manufacturing whenever we push the envelope to create our own presence at a show. We more clearly understand what hurdles and challenges our clients face along the way, and the joy and satisfaction when it all comes together.
That is why Skyline is exhibiting at EXHIBITOR2011. Again, if you are going to the show and would like to meet with us, either to discuss an island exhibit design proposal or to get your hands on some of our latest inline exhibit systems, just email Shari for a meeting time and she will set up a time for you, or stop by our booths, #1323 and #1225, and the entrance to the show floor. We hope to see you at EXHIBITOR2011!